Social Inclusion Week
What is Social Inclusion Week?
Social Inclusion Week for County Galway is taking place from the 14th – 20th October 2019. The purpose of the week is to increase awareness and understanding of inclusion and diversity in County Galway.
Once again, we are inviting community groups and organisations to hold an event during the Week. We will include all events in a programme for the week which we will also use to promote and highlight the week.
Why should I get involved?
Social Inclusion Week is a great opportunity for you to ‘showcase’ your excellent work. We hope that by working together we can showcase all the good work that is taking place in County Galway.
What can I do?
We would particularly welcome the following events:
• Have an open day to encourage new members to join or get involved in your work.
• Link up with other groups, organisations or clubs in your area to hold a joint event and learn more about each other and your activity in the area.
• Invite or target excluded groups in your community for example Travellers, LGBTI+ community, those with disabilities, those from different cultures and countries.
Other ideas include:
• Hold an intercultural event.
• Get the young and the older together for an intergenerational event.
• Hold a workshop or coffee morning to discuss a particular theme or issue.
• Hold a health and wellness event.
• Try to use community spaces such as community centres, libraries and other public buildings.
Is there funding available?
We will give groups that do not receive government funding approximately €100 donation towards the event.
This will be paid after the event once we are satisfied that the event went ahead.
How can I get involved?
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
2. Complete the application form giving us details of your event or activity.
3. Email it to email@example.com by 4.00pm Friday, 13th September 2019 or post it to the address below.
For further information
Phone: 091 509591